Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Midwest Chicken Enchiladas


A few weeks ago, Chicken Enchiladas were popping up all over Facebook. I had leftover ingredients from my Creamy Cheesy Chicken Wraps so I jumped on the enchilada train too. 

This simple recipe, from my mom, doesn’t require much time or too many ingredients. Bonus and bonus, right?

Here we go!

What you’ll need:
·         
  • 3lbs chicken breast
  • 4- 6 medium to large flour shells
  • 26 oz. cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup
  • 1 large onion (I used up my leftover scallions)
  • 8 oz. can of chiles
  • 1 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 2 cups of your choice of cheese
  • Pepper
  • 1 large tomato (diced)
  • Sour cream
Boil chicken in water or chicken broth. Cut up onions and mushrooms. Combine onions, mushrooms and chiles. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly shred it and add it to the onion mixture, sprinkle in some pepper and mix well. 

Preheat oven to 350. Spread some of the cream of chicken soup on the bottom of the baking pan, just enough to cover the bottom. Spoon some chicken mixture into each flour shell. I tend to put it on the left of the shell and roll it semi-tight. Add them seam side down to the baking pan.


Spread the remaining soup over each enchilada. Add cheese to the top. 


Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and diced tomatoes. 

I'm seriously craving this now!
 

1 comment:

  1. i'm also seriously craving..
    http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!