Sunday, January 6, 2013

Go Bananas Over This Bread!

I'm sure you are like me and have tried many banana bread recipes.  You're probably happy with the one you have.  I was.  So when I came across a Girl Scout booth at a function and they were handing out banana bread mixes with the recipe attached, I didn't think much of it.  I took the baggie from the sweet Girl Scout and was going to give it a try.  I didn't get my hopes up that it would be better than my trusted recipe.  Those Girl Scouts proved me WRONG!  My family inhaled this stuff and do every time I make it.  Its so buttery and soft.  It is just delicious.  The cute little orange recipe card with glitter and stickers has taken a prominent spot in my favorite recipe book.  So I'm sharing this recipe with you now and I urge you to give it a try.  Recently, I used a little cast iron mold to make bread trees and they were even more amazing.  The oil I used to lube up the mold gave the outside of the trees a crisp buttery covering for the moist bread inside.  Simply delicious!


The Best Banana Bread
3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2-4 bananas (approx. 1 1/2 c.)
2 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk (2 tsp vinegar added to milk will make buttermilk)
1 tsp vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Mix all the ingredients and pour into greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 - 1 1/2 hours (check at 1 hr).  Yummy variations include adding coconut, cinnamon, or chocolate chips. 

2 comments:

  1. Girl Scouts- is there anything they can't do? ;) This really does sounds sooooo good. It's cold here today....just right for baking banana bread! Thanks!

    PINNED!

    Joy @ Yesterfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!