Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday's Quickie: Creamy Cheesy Chicken Wrap


I pinned this recipe quite a while ago, but like a lot of things I pin I forgot about them. I go in spurts of “gotta pin everything” and don’t back for quite some time to look for fun, new ideas. While scrolling through, I found the following wrap. It’s got cheese, chicken, sour cream and cilantro… what’s not to love right? 

I started out following the recipe closely. It didn’t take long before I went off course and started dashing this and that into the mixture. The original recipe doesn’t call for even one spice (it does call for hot sauce though). To me, it screamed "spice me up"!

This wrap is creamy, cheesy, very filling and simply delicious! It’s also easy and quick to make.


Here we go!

What you need:

1/3 cup mayonnaise, light or regular
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 scallions, sliced very thin
1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
2 tablespoons sour cream, light or regular
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1.5lbs chicken breast
2 cups shredded cheddar or fiesta blend cheese
4 large flour tortillas
 
Boil chicken until fully cooked. Pull chicken from heat and shred. In a mixing bowl, add chicken, mayo and sour cream. Chop up cilantro, scallions and mushrooms. Add it to mayo mixture. Add spices and stir together. 

Place one large tortilla on a plate. Sprinkle cheese down the center, avoid getting too close to the edges. Spread chicken mixture down the center over cheese. Fold top and bottom of tortilla up and in toward mixture. 



Fold sides up and over the mixture and the already folded sections (think… burrito).


Hold the folded wrap in your hand and spray both sides with cooking spray. 

Put the skillet over a medium heat, waiting 30 seconds to 1 minute and place the SEAM SIDE DOWN into the skillet (a very important tip… possible big mess if you do it the opposite way). Cook for 3ish minutes and flip. Cook for another 3ish minutes. 

When both sides have reached a golden brown, it’s time to serve. It’s creamy enough you shouldn’t need a dollop of sour cream but a side of shredded lettuce and pico de gallo would be a nice addition.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious..cant wait to try it.. I have posted it on my blog with a link to you
    Love and Hugs
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch!! We appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the recipe I actually meant to Pin, Print, and Comment on.....but got distracted by your Go Bananas Over This Bread! Lol!

    These wraps look amazing....and I love how they are cooked. OK, I'll fix these first, and THEN the banana bread. Yay! PINNED!

    Joy @ Yesterfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!