Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday's Quickie... Spaghetti-O's and Hamburger


When I was little my dad would sometimes have to prepare dinner for my brother and me. He could only feed us so many bowls of cereal, cold hot dogs and whip cream (not at the same time). He needed some variety. One night he got out a skillet. I didn’t know if I should be scared or excited. Next he took out hamburger and Spaghetti-O’s. Hmm... okay dad, this might work. 



Spaghetti-O’s with hamburger has since been a comfort food. I don’t make it often, but when I do the kids go wild. It’s so simple... I’m almost embarrassed to share it with you. The memory behind it is so good though. 

Here we go!

What you need:

  •  1lbs ground beef or turkey
  • 2 large cans of Spaghetti-o’s
  • Seasoning salt/pepper

Step 1. Brown beef/turkey, dash with seasoning salt/pepper, drain.
Step 2. Add in Spaghetti-o’s.
Step 3. Cook over medium-to-low heat until desired temperature is reached, stirring occasionally.

That’s it! 

*FWIW: Dad's cooking skills have since improved

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!