Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Get Healthy 2013


For years I’ve been living a lie. I had the mindset I was slightly overweight, thinking I wasn’t “too bad”. Pictures of myself screamed otherwise. It’s funny how we can trick ourselves into thinking we look a certain way. 

The only thing I feel comfortable in is sweatpants with a loose tie string. The way my belly is, there is no way to find a pair of jeans that won’t give a muffin top. This doesn’t mean I don’t wear jeans. I do, I just wear them poorly.

Not only do I want to look good, I want to feel healthy too. I am active, but there is room for improvement. I have 4 kids… I need to be a better role model. By improving my eating habits and taking charge of my body, I am showing my kids how to respect their bodies and treat it well. 

Starting Monday night I made a commitment to live a healthier life. Actually, the commitment started back in November 2012, when I signed up for an extreme bodyshaping program, but Monday night was the first class. The class is 6 days a week for 10 weeks. The days alternate between kickboxing and resistance bands. We started with kickboxing on Monday and last night was upper body resistance bands.
Kickboxing is great! The bands intimidated me, because I am uncoordinated. Classes move along fast and sometimes it takes me a bit to grasp the correct movements. Along with the instructors, there are 3 or 4 coaches helping with the workouts. The coach assigned to me is awesome! She comes to my rescue when she sees I’m not getting it. 


 On top of the workouts, I am changing my eating habits. My nutrition plan focuses on fat, protein and carbs. It’s suggested I eat 6 balanced meals a day. I am allowed one “fun day”. I can eat whatever and whenever I want! Those days will be awesome! I don’t plan to gorge myself but I do plan to eat delicious treats, creamy pastas and cheesy whatevers. 

I am looking forward to the end result. It’s going to be a tough road though. The food part is hard. I want to eat whatever I want. Not that I don’t like what I am eating… I do. I just wish sugar cookies, chips and ice cream were part of the plan. 

We will get our before and after photos once the program is done. If I'm feeling brave, I'll share them here.
 
I’ve got a $100 bill patiently waiting in my purse. It will be used to buy a bootylicious pair of jeans and a cute top at the end of March. ::Raise the roof::

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!