Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday's Quickie


I'm adding something new to our blog. I'm calling it "Friday's Quickie". My goal is to post a quick and easy meal every Friday. Here goes!

Today's quickie is a maid rite/loose meat sandwich.

It’s quick. 

It’s easy. 

It’s cheap.

It’s good.


What you need:

1 lbs ground turkey (or beef)
1 can of Campbell’s Chicken Gumbo
Mustard
Salt and Pepper



Preparations:

Brown turkey or beef, dash with salt and pepper, drain grease, if necessary.
Stir in gumbo soup.
Add mustard. I usually do about 1 ½ -2 tbsp. Add as much or as little as you like.
Simmer the mixture for 10-15 minutes. Stir a few times. 

That’s it. It’s ready to serve on bakery buns with chips, beans and side of fruit. 
 

3 comments:

  1. You? Are awesome! Love this! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a football day gathering with friends. I'm looking forward to trying this. Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!