Monday, February 11, 2013

S'more Cookies


Darling had a church function last weekend and was in charge of bringing a dessert. She isn’t much into baking. She’s 15, what do you expect? 

I stepped up to the plate and took one for the team. Ugh! I, ME, MYSELF had to bake? Ok, you know I’m teasing… I LOVE to bake!

The trend right now seems to be S’more baked goods. Me? I love keeping up with the Jones. I admit it… I love following trends. 

The idea of baking S’more cookies for Darling’s function drifted into my mind. I wanted to create my own. I didn’t want to copy anyone else. Not saying this recipe isn’t out there… I didn’t search it because I want to think I’m the only person in the whole baking universe to think it up.

With Valentine’s Day approaching, these cookies would make for a great treat for the sweetie in your life. My man claimed to have fallen in love with me all over again after taking his first bite. Aww, right?



What you’ll need:

2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
½ cup Hersey’s Cocoa Unsweetened Powder 
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 tsp Vanilla
2 eggs

Hersey’s Kisses or Stars (one for each cookie)
Couple handfuls of mini marshmallows (cut in half)
5 crushed graham cracker (don’t crush into a powder)

In one bowl combine:

Flour, baking soda, salt, Hersey’s Cocoa Unsweetened Powder 
Mix together
Set aside

In a separate (larger) bowl combine:

Sugar, brown sugar, butter. Mix well. Add Vanilla and mix well again. Add eggs (one at a time) and mix well.

Next, grab the flour mixture.
Dump about 1/3 of it into the sugar mixture.
Mix well.
Repeat this step until all of the flour mixture is blended well into the sugar mixture.

Preheat oven to 350.
Prepare cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Cover dough and chill for about 15 minutes.
Your dough is ready!



Roll dough into balls. Roll balls into crushed graham crackers. 


Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes.
Remove cookies from oven. Gently press 3-4 pieces of marshmallow into the top of the cookie. Also, gently press a kiss or star into the middle of each cookie.
Return cookies to oven and bake for an additional 3 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven while they are slightly underbaked. Use a spatula to jar the cookies from their spot, but leave them on the pan for a couple of minutes before placing them on a cooling rack. 



The important requirement... You MUST eat a cookie while it’s still warm. Must, must, must!

These cookies are really amazing. I am not just saying that or trying to toot my own horn. I was actually taken aback at how good they were. You're gonna want to try these... you won't regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!