Sunday, February 3, 2013

Marvelous Olive Tapenade



Tape-what?!?!  Olive tapenade (sounds like tah-pa-nade) is a spread made with olives, garlic, olive oil and Parmesan cheese.  Oh, it is so good.  My pal's husband makes this heavenly concoction and I just had to get the recipe.  Her husband went to culinary school so he doesn't mess around.  He makes GOOD food.  This appetizer never fails to impress and people are shocked that there really aren't that many ingredients and its pretty fool proof.  If you can dump a few things into a food processor and press on, you are good to go!  So if you are stressing about something marvelous to make for the big party tonight or any time, give this a try!

Here's what you need...


Sullivan's Olive Tapenade

Equal parts green and black olives (one jar/can of each)
Olive oil - start with 1/4 cup - I typically add more to keep moist before serving
Approx. 3 cloves garlic
Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup (its recommended to use a mix of the cheap stuff and good stuff)

Place ingredients into food processor, blend.  Serve on crackers/crisps.

Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. I've had Olive Tapenade. I love Olive Tapenade. I just never knew how easy it was to make. Wish I had this recipe before New Year's Eve, but I'm glad I have it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know what you think after you've made it!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments!