Tuesday, February 19, 2013

National Mint Chocolate Day

My writing here is NOT going to knock your socks off because I'm supposed to be working but I JUST heard that it was National Mint Chocolate Day and I just HAD to post one of my favorite mint chocolate recipes.   I adore anything mint and chocolate so I can't believe I didn't have this very special day in my calendar (that's been remedied now).  Citizens of Earth...feast your eyes on this bar...


Creme de Menthe Bars
First Layer
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1/2 c. butter
4 eggs
1 can chocolate syrup (like Hershey's)

Mix ingredients and spread on 10x15 jelly roll pan or 9x13 pan.  Just be sure the sides are a few inches tall because these brownies are thick, especially the smaller the pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Let cool completely.

Second Layer
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp peppermint extract
4 c. powdered sugar
few drops green food coloring
1-2 T milk

Mix and spread over brownie layer.  Heat or add milk if the frosting isn't soft enough to spread easily.  Cool completely.

Third Layer
12 oz. chocolate chips (I prefer semi-sweet)
1/2 c. butter


Melt together and spread over top of mint frosting layer.  Let cool.  Cutting the bars is easiest/neatest before the top layer hardens completely.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!