Thursday, September 6, 2012

Outside In Pizza



I love this. Why? Because you can get as creative as you want. 

I chose to make pizza but you could really get crazy and do something like chicken pot pie or maybe an apple cinnamon cream cheese strudel. The options are numerous.

I made a peanut butter and jelly strudel many months ago using the same techniques (listed below). The kids gobbled it and I even enjoyed it!

What I used:

Pizza dough (I used pre-made dough)
Pizza/spaghetti sauce
Canadian Bacon
Mushroom
Onion
2 tablespoons butter
Garlic Powder

How I did it:

Preheat oven to 350
Greased pan and pressed out the dough to the thickness my family prefers.
Spread sauce down the center of the dough.
Add Canadian Bacon, mushroom, onion, cheese (add as much or as little as you like).

Cut diagonal slits down each side of the dough, about a 1 ½ inch apart and 1 inch from the filling.
Crisscross each slit over filling. Press opposing slits into one another. 

Brush melted butter over slits and sprinkle with garlic powder.
Bake for 45 minutes. 


Serve and enjoy!

P.S. I do know this is called a Calzone... I just prefer Outside In Pizza. 

2 comments:

We love comments!