Monday, August 27, 2012

Just a basic BLT

Sometimes I crave a BLT. This happened to me recently. So I did what anyone in my situation would do. I made a BLT.

Nothing fancy. It was delightful though.

Follow these simple steps and you'll be on your way to Deliciousville:

1. Get yourself some thick bacon. Start frying it up.

2.  While the bacon sizzles, slice up some fresh tomatoes and a few leaves of lettuce. Don't forget to wash them... salmonella is a friend to no one.

3. Check on the bacon. I love love love crispy bacon. I won't eat it any other way.

4. Put bread into the toaster. Using Texas Toast will separate your BLT from the average run of the mill BLT. Trust me.

5. This step is huge, listen very carefully. Taste test a strip of bacon. Repeat this step as many times as necessary.

6. Once the toast and bacon are done, you are ready to assemble the sandwich. I don't know if placement is extremely important. My BLT is toast with a smear of mayo, add lettuce, add tomato, add bacon. Some folks add salt and pepper and other spices. Not me. These 5 simple ingredients are quite satisfying for my taste buds.

7. Prepare for goodness. 


 My picture kind of sucks. You understand I didn't have time to set up a pretty little background and get my fancy camera out, right? I was hungry. I wanted to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!