Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo Special - Easy & Fresh Guacamole!

 
I never used to be a fan of guacamole but I don't think I had GOOD guacamole for a very long time. It always seemed bland and I was new to avocados (my parents never served them) so I steered clear of it for a while. But then the restaurant Chipotle entered my life and I tried their's. It was GOOD. So I started to make it fresh myself and I really think it's a great snack, appetizer, topping, sandwich spread, etc. And avocados are healthy for you (in moderation of course)! Here is a simple recipe that I turn to time and again and am never disappointed. Feliz Cinco de Mayo!


Easy & Fresh Guacamole

2 avocados, mashed
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1-2 diced tomatoes
1/2 freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon cilantro
few dashes salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients well and serve immediately with tortilla chips or veggies! To store leftovers, press plastic wrap down on top of the guacamole in the bowl to prevent browning and refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!