Sunday, August 11, 2013

My List

Let me just start by saying that I'm a very happily married woman of almost 13 years. My husband is amazing and he's perfect for me.

But I do have a "list." Remember the Friends episode where they discuss the "freebie list"? It is a list of your five favorite celebrities that you could spend a little time with without the other spouse getting upset. My husband fully knows about my list and I've been working on it over the years. I think it's a pretty solid list. I've encouraged my husband to work on his own but I'm pretty sure I've given mine a bit more thought. :)

At the top of my list are my Ryans - Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds...yes, there is a tie...


Whew...had to take a moment there! I've tried long and hard (a-hem) to pick one over the other but just can't. Ryan Gosling is my sweet and intellectual guy and Ryan Reynolds is my funny and charming guy. My husband fully knows that if either showed up at my doorstep, I'll be submitting a request for vacation days (and same goes for him, his #1 girl is Rachel Weisz).

Next on the list...


The "early" Brad - so nice to look at and completely the only reason any woman saw the movie "A River Runs Through It." That thing he does with his mouth when he's listening to someone talk? Outstanding. I'm sad to see his grungier side now but I just remember fondly the good old days when he was hotter than heck.

#4...


Leonardo DiCaprio. This guy knows how to age...hummina, hummina. I think he's a really talented actor, too. And if he and I ever got stranded in freezing water, I totally have a well-thought out plan to save both of us.

#5...


Dr. McSteamy himself...Eric Dane. It was tough to select the picture for him because he's got quite the smolder but this sexy smile lured me in.

So in honor of one of my top Hollywood boyfriends, I made this superb dessert that some may know as the "Next Best Thing to Robert Redford" but I've renamed it for my own individual tastes (not that Mr. Redford is not nice to look at!) and I present to you the "Next Best Thing to Ryan Gosling" dessert. 


Next Best Thing to Ryan Gosling Dessert
Origination unknown but thank you to whoever it was!
1 cup flour
2/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped nuts (I omit because of a nut sensitivity in my family - if you do, add a smidge more flour)
8 oz package cream cheese
1 cup sugar
16 oz whipped topping, thawed
5.9 oz package instant chocolate pudding mix
5.1 oz package instant white pudding mix
3 cups milk
1/8 cup grated semisweet chocolate or nuts for garnish

Combine flour, butter, and nuts. Press into 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.

Mix cream cheese, sugar, and 8 oz whipped topping. Gently spread over crust (crust is really flaky & soft).

Mix both pudding mixes and milk until thick. Spread over cream cheese filling. Next, spread remaining whipped topping on top for the last layer. Add desired garnish. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.

This dessert is delicious...just like Ryan. ;)


1 comment:

We love comments!