Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Cream Sundae

We live in the Midwest and formally got DUMPED on this week with several inches of snow in a very short period of time.  What does that mean for kids?  SNOW DAY!  I live in the metro so snow days are actually not very common since the plows are pretty effective at getting the roads cleared quickly so we all can be on our merry ways.  Tuesday of this week was an exception though and all of a sudden my cherubs were hanging out with me for the day.  Fortunately I can work from home but we all know how that works with young children around.  Not very productively.  The constant streams of demands and "Mom, she's looking at me!" makes for a challenging workday.  So in order for me to get at least a tiny bit of work done, we made a schedule for the day.  First up was a movie, then clean rooms, then dolls.  At 11:00 a.m.?  Snow ice cream!  We had so much snow, it seemed like the perfect activity.  I had never tried it but we all were excited to see if it would work.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!


Snow Cream Sundae

First, send your munchkins outside to get a bowl of CLEAN snow (preferably fresh, fluffy stuff).  While the kids are busy collecting snow, add 1 cup of milk/cream (I used half of each), 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to a large bowl.   As your snowbunnies return inside proudly displaying their contribution, scoop out 5 cups of snow to add to the milk mixture.  Mix up and scoop up right away because this stuff melts pretty quickly!  Add your favorite sundae toppings and have fun eating your Snow Cream Sundae!  Your kids will think you are a genius...and frankly, you are, right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!